In 1980, John Hartnett was happy to fill a post at the Boys & Girls Club of Shelbyville. He didn't know it was a life career move.
The CEO job description. Resumes are being accepted thru August 5.
Chief Executive Officer
An exciting opportunity to lead the Boys & Girls Club of Shelbyville located in Shelbyville, IN is open and we are looking for our next Chief Executive Officer to make a positive impact on kids’ lives. We are looking for candidates that will lead the overall planning and operation of the organization while providing leadership, direction and support to the Board of Directors.
Boys & Girls Clubs mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. You will be responsible for bringing this mission to life in this community, as you work to ensure that the kids and teens in your care achieve great futures by providing a safe and fun space, an engaging Club Experience, and managing caring professionals to guide them along the way.
As a proof point, 54% of Club alumni said the Club saved their life, so the impact you and your team will have on these kids and teen’s lives will be life changing.
Please submit resumes by August 5th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guides, supports and serves the Board of Directors in establishing goals and developing policies, procedures, budgets and programs that fulfill the mission of the Boys & Girls Club.
- Monitors and approves the organization's program services and assures achievement of its mission and goals.
- Leadershiprolein organization’sSafetyCommitteeandserveasakeyplayerinthedevelopmentofinstitutionalpolicies, procedures, andpractices ensuring that the organization and all unit clubs are in compliance with local, state and federal safety requirements and the Membership Requirements of Boys & Girls Clubs of America at all times.
- Ensure that the Organization has standards and measures in place that define effective safety practices, train to those annually, and identify vulnerabilities and strategies to mitigate risks
- Serve as point of escalation, feedback and approval for reportable Club incidents ensuring that all accident and incident reports are completed, up to date and submitted to administrative office for archiving.
- Provides leadership to Club staff by developing administrative and operational standards by which goals will be met.
- Assures management and attainment of resources necessary to ensure the financial operations of the agency are conducted in accordance with applicable laws.
- Assures that the organization is in compliance with membership and other requirements or standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and other affiliated and regulatory agencies
- Oversees staffing activities of the organization, including recruiting, training, and evaluation of both paid and volunteer staff.
- Promotes Boys & Girls Club services to individuals, other service organizations, and the local community.
- Directs and participates in public relations and fundraising activities.
- Provides professional leadership to the Board of Directors to assure development of an effective and motivated board, including identification, recruitment, training and involvement of members in meeting the goals of the organization.
- May be assigned special projects periodically by the Board of Directors.
- Reports to the Board of Directors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations in a multi-unit organization.
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, delegation.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written; ability to speak effectively and persuasively to groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated competency and ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a Board of Directors, Staff, Community Groups, and other related agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise professionals and other staff/volunteers who may be in distant subunits of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in asset management including financial resources and property.
- Demonstrated skills and competency in the following areas preferred: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations and of management; and resource development activities and sources of funding.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.