Indiana’s annual tourism conference was held March 2-4 in Elizabeth, Indiana.
The Indiana Tourism Awards, presented by Indiana Connection (a division of Indiana Electric Cooperatives), were awarded on Tuesday, March 3. The awards honor tourism businesses who are creative, innovative and maximize the dollars invested. The winners were:
- Best Advocacy Initiative – Gibson County Visitors & Tourism Bureau
- Best Cooperative Partnership – Visit Fort Wayne
- Best Culinary Focused Marketing Campaign – Snappy Tomato Pizza
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign (Marketing Budgets under $300,000) – French Lick Resort
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign (Marketing Budgets over $300,000) – Indiana State Fair Commission
- Best Leisure Travel Marketing Campaign – Hamilton County Tourism, Inc.
- Best Event/Festival – Steuben County Tourism Bureau
- Best Specialty Item – Hamilton County Tourism, Inc.
- Best Visitors Guide (Marketing Budgets under $300,000) – Shelby County Tourism and Visitors Bureau
- Best Visitors Guide (Marketing Budgets over $300,000) – Visit Bloomington
- Best Tourism Website (Marketing Budgets under $300,000) – Kosciusko County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Best Tourism Website (Marketing Budgets over $300,000) – Visit Indy
In addition to the above awards, the Indiana Tourism Association gave out an individual award based on merit:
Indiana Tourism Association Member of the Year – The Member of the Year award is designed for members of the association who stepped forward and provided exemplary service and leadership to the industry and the association. This year’s award went to Sherry Matlock, Greater Kokomo Visitors Bureau.
Two hundred tourism leaders from around the state came to the Indiana Tourism Conferencefor networking and educational sessions over the three-days.