Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!

Daily Email Signup - Click Here

Hancock County News

Apartment fire closes Greenfield pizza restaurant

A popular Greenfield pizza restaurant has been forced to shut its doors for the unforeseen future due to a fire in an upstairs apartment.

Greenfield firefighters responded to a call Saturday morning of a fire in the first block of West Main Street, which houses Hometown Classic Pizza and an apartment. Officials with the Greenfield Fire Territory said the fire started in the upstairs apartment due to smoking. One person was in the apartment when the fire began and was able to escape unscathed, however, a pet died in the fire. The apartment was deemed a complete loss.

Owners of Hometown Classic Pizza turned to social media to let customers know their business will be closed temporarily as they assess damage and make repairs.

“To all our customers, there was a fire in the upstairs apartment apparently due to a lit cigarette. No one was injured thank goodness. Thank you so much to the Greenfield firefighters. The pizza shop has suffered water damage... We will be shut down temporarily to assess damage and make repairs ,” they wrote.