The Indiana Department of Transportation is starting construction to add a travel lane to I-70 in Hancock County.
This multi-construction season project will add a lane on I-70 from County Road 700 to State Road 9. This year, construction will focus on I-70 between CR 700 and Sugar Creek.
Construction is scheduled to be complete in the fall of 2024.
Restrictions and Closures
- During construction, two lanes will be maintained in each direction on I-70 for much of the project.
- Crews will be constructing crossovers to put traffic on one side of the interstate while construction happens on the other side. Crossovers are scheduled to begin in the middle of May.
- There will be some nightly and weekend lane closures as needed and will be communicated separately.
- CR 700 is CLOSED for a bridge replacement. It is scheduled to reopen in September. The detour for the closure is: CR 100 N to Mt. Comfort Rd to CR 300 N.
- Mt. Comfort Rd to I-70 WB
- Closed on or after May 9
- Scheduled to reopen early July