General Update: Indiana’s Covid positivity rate increased to 28.9%, and Shelby County’s increased to 21.7%.
Hospitalizations continue to be up across the state.
Inpatient unit: 37 of our 40 beds are full on our 3rd-floor inpatient unit.
- We currently have 12 critical care patients on the 3rd floor, and 9 (75%) of those patients are due to Covid. Of the 9 Covid-related critical care patients, 8 of them are unvaccinated.
- We have 5 patients on ventilators, and ALL of those patients are Covid positive, and 4 of those patients are unvaccinated. We have 7 additional patients on Vapotherm or BiPap, and ALL of those patients are Covid positive, and ALL of them are unvaccinated.
- 24 (65%) of our inpatients are Covid positive, and 21 (87%) of them are unvaccinated.
Urgent Care and walk-in volumes:
- Priority Care - Busy over the weekend and saw over 60 patients yesterday. Continue to be busy today and have seen 30 patients as of 11:30 a.m. today.
- MHP Family & Internal Medicine - Continues to be busy but a little slower this morning. Have seen 25 patients as of 11:30 a.m. today.
- MHP Pediatrics - Continues to be busy. Have seen 32 patients as of 11:30 a.m. today. Saw 60-60 kids per day last week—lots of COVID and other illnesses.
Emergency Department: The Emergency Department continues to be busy. Saw 81 patients yesterday. Infusion requests are still flowing in, and we have 39 patients that meet high risk criteria at the moment.
We are out of monoclonal antibodies but anticipate a shipment later this week. The state allocates these, and we have no control over when we receive them.