Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!

Local News

The Chicken Inn suffers minimal fire damage early Friday morning

Thanks to the watchful eyes of a concerned citizen, The Chicken Inn suffered minimal fire damage early Friday morning.

The Shelbyville Fire Department was dispatched to The Chicken Inn, 541 E. Hendricks St., at approximately 12:50 a.m. and found a small fire on the exterior of the building.

The fire was quickly extinguished, according to a SFD social media post, and ventilation of the interior of the building commenced.



A message posted to The Chicken Inn’s Facebook page Friday morning stated: “The Chicken Inn experienced a fire to the outside of our building last night. The good news is that no one was hurt and the damage appears to be minimal. The bad news is that we must temporarily close while we clean up and work to remove the smoke smell in the dining room. We look forward to seeing you as soon as we are cleared to open.”

SFD was on the scene approximately 40 minutes.

Get the most recent Shelby County Post headlines delivered to your email. Go to and click on the free daily email signup link at the top of the page.