Anglers can expect additional rainbow trout in six northern Indiana streams in the upcoming weeks.
Streams that will receive additional trout include:
- Pigeon River in Steuben County and at the LaGrange-Steuben county line
- Stocking Location(s): County Road 175 N and County Road 1100 W
- Turkey Creek in LaGrange County
- Stocking Location(s): County Road 150 N
- Little Elkhart River in Elkhart County
- Stocking Location(s): Bonneyville Mill Park
- Little Kankakee River and Slocum Ditch in LaPorte County
- Stocking Location(s): Hunt Park in Wanatah for Slocum Ditch; County Road 500 E, County Road 100 S, and State Road 4 for Little Kankakee River
- Potato Creek in St. Joseph County
- Stocking Location(s): Potato Creek State Park and North Liberty Town Park
Pigeon River, Turkey Creek and Little Elkhart River will be stocked for the weekend of May 11-12 and Memorial Day weekend, May 25-26. Little Kankakee River, Potato Creek and Slocum Ditch will only be stocked for Memorial Day weekend, May 25-26.
The bag limit for trout in inland waters, other than Lake Michigan and its tributaries, is five fish per day with a minimum size of 7 inches. No more than one of these can be a brown trout. In addition, brown trout taken from the Oliver Lake chain must be at least 18 inches in length.
Anglers ages 18 years and older will need an Indiana fishing license and a trout/salmon stamp to fish for trout.
For additional information on trout stockings in the state, see the Trout Stocking Plan on our website at fishing.in.gov/files/fw-trout_stocking_plan.pdf