The City of Shelbyville has now opened the grant application portal for your online applications to the program! All grant information, applications, and documents can be found on the City's COVID-19 website: www.cityofshelbyvillein.com/covid-19/
All applications must be submitted online or delivered to the Shelby County Development Corporation office (16 Public Square Suite A) no later than 3 PM on October 9th, 2020.
Some items to keep in mind as you prepare your applications:
- For-Profit businesses that are based within Shelbyville, employing less than 100 people are eligible to apply.
- The program offers grants for up to $10,000 to assist businesses that have been negatively affected by COVID-19.
- In accordance with federal requirements, these funds will be prioritized at retaining low-to-moderate-income jobs.
- HUD defines this as jobs that earn $45,950 annually or less
- Grant funding can be used to fund continued business operations to help account for lost revenue caused by COVID-19.
- Funds may also be used to help alter businesses to promote social distancing or transition your employees to a remote work environment.
Applications will be scored by a selection committee using the following criteria:
- Highest Need: Priority will be given to businesses that illustrate an immediate need for funds, due to a negative impact caused by COVID-19.
- Essential vs Non-Essential: Priority will be given to businesses that were subject to government-mandated closures or restrictions in hours, operations, or capacity.
- Physical Presence: Priority will be given to businesses that have a physical storefront or office within the City of Shelbyville.
- Small Business: Priority will be given to smaller businesses.
- Retention of Business/Employees: Priority will be given to businesses where these funds will ensure the retention of the business and/or the employees.
- Short Term Financing: Priority will be given to businesses who were unable to secure other short-term financing options to support their business.
The City of Shelbyville is able to offer this program due to the partnerships between our program partners:
- Shelby County Development Corporation
- Shelby County Chamber of Commerce
- Mainstreet Shelbyville
- Blue River Community Foundation
- The City of Shelbyville
Feel free to contact any of these program partners with questions you may have during the application process.