Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!

Local News

No injuries in Shelbyville house fire

A Shelbyville home was damaged by a weekend fire.


The Shelbyville Fire Department says fire could be seen coming out of a bedroom window at 525 South Pike when they arrived at the scene Saturday night.  The fire was extinguished quickly with the bedroom sustaining fire and water damage.  The rest of the home sustained smoke damage.


No definitive word on the cause but Shelbyville Fire does report it as accidental.


There were no injuries.


The names of residents wasn’t available as of this report.  Shelby County GIS shows the property owner as Weingarth Properties LLC.