The Indiana High School Athletic Association has released its 2021-2022 sports calendar with first practice dates, first contest dates, tournament draw dates as well as postseason tournament dates.
Girls golf teams can conduct their first practice of the 2021 season on July 30, with first contest dates commencing three days later.
Golf sectionals begin on Sept. 17.
All other fall sports – boys tennis, cross country, soccer, volleyball, football and unified football – start Aug. 2 with official games following two weeks later on Aug. 14, except for football.
The high school football season kicks off on Aug. 20.
Unified flag football state tournament draw is Sept. 20. Sectional games start nine days later.
Both boys and girls soccer sectional draws are Sept. 26, with boys tennis draw one day later. Soccer sectionals begin Oct. 4. Tennis sectionals commence on Sept. 29.
The volleyball tournament draw is Oct.3. Sectionals open on Oct. 12.
The football state tournament draw is Oct. 10. Sectional games follow on Oct. 22.
Cross country, which does not have a state tournament draw, begins sectional competition on Oct. 9.
For more information, visit www.ihsaa.org.
Other key dates for the 2021-2022 year:
- Oct. 18 – first girls basketball practice
- Oct. 25 – first girls swimming practice
- Nov. 1 – first wrestling practice
- Nov. 8 – first boys swimming and boys basketball practices
- Nov. 15 – first gymnastics practice
- Feb. 14 – first boys and girls track and field practices
- March 7 – first unified track practice and first softball practice
- March 14 – first girls tennis, boys golf and baseball practices